Hello, my lovely friendships! I'm Marina :) I am the singer for this band called Echoheart and this is my bio! Music has always been something that has gotten me through even the toughest times. That's why when I met a young lad by the name of Jacob Ommaya, I decided to join him on his epic quest to create rad tunes.
Some of my favorite bands are My Chemical Romance, Pierce the Veil, Paramore, Stitched Up Heart and Flyleaf. I'm also wildly inspired by pop artists such as Miley Cyrus, Kesha, Christina Aguilera and Demi Lovato. I've been singing and playing piano and guitar since I was 13 and dreaming of being on stage since I was born. I started my own YouTube channel where I did covers, original songs, album reviews, rants, Q&As and more when I was 15. Lucky for us all, I have since deleted most of those videos so you only get to see what I've posted that's actually decent. BUT I continue posting on my channel to this day!
Some fun facts about me!
- My first concert was to see Dave Matthews Band when I was about 5 and I've been to see them a dozen times since
- I have a dog named Toby whom I love to death
- A few of my favorite movies are Garden State, Mean Girls and Tangled. I know those are all wildly different. Just my personality...
- I know the words to every Hannah Montana song and feel no shame about it
- I am a huge live music enthusiast and go to concerts whenever I can
- I met Gerard Way, the singer for My Chemical Romance and one of my biggest idols, in person when I was 16 and fortunately, was able to hold myself together until he could no longer see me. I then proceeded to cry and scream with joy
- A few of my favorite TV shows are Scrubs, Avatar the Last Airbender, the OA, Stranger Things and Gossip Girl ;)
Overall, I just love connecting with people and making music I love. Being a singer for Echoheart is basically a dream come true.
Welp this has been fun! Hope to meet all of you willing to read this <3